Oil-based or water-based, glossy or matte, let’s find out which is the right choice for you.
The glossy finish that a coat of Enamel paint can add to your home is what sets it apart. Oil-based paints create durable, long-lasting finishes that resist damage and wear.
The durability of enamel makes it a popular choice for high-traffic areas such as doors, trim, and cabinets. In addition, its resistance to staining and moisture makes it easy to clean and maintain.
It can be applied to walls but it is not the most common or recommended paint for this purpose.
If you are determined to use it to paint walls, it is essential that you prepare the surface before painting.
Here are important things to consider before choosing enamel paint for your home if you’ve decided to paint it, but don’t know which one is right for you:
- Type of surface: The first step in choosing the right enamel paint is to consider the surface you’ll be painting. It is possible to use enamel paint on all kinds of surfaces, including wood, metal, and masonry. Choose an enamel that adheres well and provides long-lasting protection.
- Type of Enamel: Enamel paint comes in two types: oil-based and water-based. Oil-based enamel is harder, but it requires mineral spirits to clean nup. Water-based enamel, however, is less durable than oil-based enamel, making it unsuitable for high-traffic areas. Choose the enamel paint based on your desired finish.
- Durability & Quality: Look for enamel paint with a high gloss or semi-gloss finish since these are more durable and easier to clean. Enamel paints with a low gloss finish may be suitable for areas not exposed to a lot of wear and tear.
- Colour and Sheen: These paints come in a variety of colours and sheens. This choice is based on your preferences and the room you are painting in. If you are painting a room with a lot of natural light, choose a lighter colour and higher gloss finish to reflect the light and create an airy feel. Consider the style you want to create for the room before selecting a colour and sheen.
- Read Reviews and Test Samples: Look for reviews written by other users and see what they have to say about a product’s durability, ease of application, and quality. Many manufacturers offer samples of their paints, which can be used to test the colour and look created before making a final decision. You must take time and evaluate each of these factors before making a final choice. It would help you achieve a beautiful, long-lasting finish to enhance your home’s look.
To conclude, maintaining distemper painted walls in Indian homes is easy if you follow these tips.